Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Moel Ysgyfarnogod

On Sunday I decided to go for a spur of the moment walk up Moel Ysgyfarnogod. As you can see the weather was glorious. There wasn't a soul around I had the whole mountain to myself. It really was the epitome of peace & quiet and solitude. I have always wanted to bag this peak not just because it has a really cool name but also it's geographical position I knew it would have some fantastic 360 views, I was not disappointed. I did a there and back linear route from a small car park on the south side of Llyn Trawsfynydd near the footbridge. From here I followed the road up to what must be one the most remote farms in the country.at Cefn Clawdd. At this point just before the farm I peeled off right to follow the farm track which snakes it way round to the foot of Moel Ysgyfarnogod. from here it was steep 'off path' up to the gap in the wall and then up onto the summit.

As I mentioned earlier the views really did not disappoint. With no one in sight I just chilled out on the summit for around and hour eating my minted lamb soup and drinking my flask of tea. This was a thoroughly enjoyable time just taking it all in enjoying the peace & quiet. I eventually dragged myself away and retraced my steps back to the farm track, the farm and along the road to the car. A really enjoyable walk and day out.


























No comments:

Post a Comment