Monday, 12 January 2015

Neuadd Horseshoe

A few snaps from a recent walk around the Neuadd Horeshoe In the Brecon Beacons. obviously I was a good boy during 2014 as Santa brought me a Paramo Pasco jacket on Christmas day. I was keen to get out and give it a try, the only day I was free was the Saturday just after New Year and after all the previous glorious winter walking weather we had it was typically awful on that Saturday! Which meant the camera pretty much stayed in the backpack all the way round. On the plus side it did give the jacket a proper good testing.

Sporting my new Paramo Pasco jacket



There had been a fresh dumping of snow overnight in fact I wasn't expecting to see much so it was a nice surprise when we arrived at the car park, we headed up past the reservoir and up the always boggy section onto Graig fan Ddu ridge. Due to the thick low cloud visibility was not the best which meant we couldn't enjoy the views from the ridge. We skipped Corn Du and headed straight for Pen y Fan not lingering long in the high winds. We rested for lunch in the relative calm between Pen y Fan and Cribyn, by which time the rain was starting to reduce the amount of snow. We then went up and over Cribyn to pick up the track which took us back down to the reservoir, halfway along this track the slightly parted so I quickly grabbed my phone to snap some photos, the snow was noticeably less than when we set off.

From a new jacket point of view, it was very good, I had just a merino base layer underneath and I wasn't cold nor uncomfortable, I do tend to run hot and sweat quite a bit so I sometimes get cold and uncomfortable. I noticed a vast improvement on comfort when compared to my eVent jacket. First impressions of Paramo are good.





Time for lunch





No comments:

Post a Comment