Thursday, 28 August 2014

Wild Wales Challenge

Last Sunday I took part in the Wild Wales Challenge which as the name suggests is a challenging ride around Mid Wales starting and finishing in Bala and very well organised by Merseyside CTC. We stayed at Ty Isaf Campsite  just outside Bala and I rode to the ride HQ at Bala football ground to take the ride over a ton.

This ride included the climbs of Milltir Cerrig & Bwlch y Groes as well as other numerous climbs one of which was a very short but an extremely steep ramp up from a minor road onto the A458. There were 3 stops on the route all of which were very well organised and stocked. All in I did 101 miles and just under 10,500ft. It really was a tough day in the saddle yet also sadistically enjoyable, lovely quiet roads, beautiful scenery and challenging climbs, what's not to like, I will be signing up for this ride again. My Strava ride details below.



No comments:

Post a Comment