Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Etape Pennines

On Sunday I took part in the Etape Pennines which started and finished in Barnard Castle on closed roads around the Durham Dales. This has to be the single most brutal day in the saddle I’ve ever done! My Garmin states 85 miles and 9416ft of climbing, ouch!

Having said that it was a fantastic event in aid of a very worthwhile cause Marie Curie Cancer Care and one which was extremely well organised from the registration at Bowes Museum on Saturday to the event itself on Sunday, big thumbs up to everyone involved in this.

Here is a link to the official Etape Pennines Highlights video (sadly I'm not on it)

However I have found myself on this video at 32:02 I'm number 1305 going past the guy who took this video.


2 comments:

  1. Not a ride even I would consider Phil! Brutal to say the least. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Dave, the pain of all that climbing has now subsided and I'm planning on doing it again next year :-)

      Delete