Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Snowdonia Holiday - Cycle rides and walks

Whilst away in Snowdonia last week I managed to get in a few of decent rides. Also did a couple of walks up Yr Eifl on the Lleyn Peninsula and Y Ro Wen which was literally behind our cottage. I will be posting photos etc from these soon. In the meantime here are my Two Wheel activities.

Ride #1: After a day down by Lake Vyrnwy, I biked back to Dolwyddelan from Bala. my phone was playing up so couldn't capture the Strava data.

Ride#2: Again starting in Bala I went up over Bwlch y Groes (1808ft) and around Lake Vyrnwy before heading back to Bala via Cwm Hirnant.



Ride#3: From Dolwyddelan to Lanberis and back the same route. I wanted to go up Pen y Pass and also wanted to do the Llanberis Pass climb.



 
Photos below were taken on my phone on Ride#3

 

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful place and great weather - what more could you want, either in the saddle or on foot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jules, it was a great week enjoyed the best of both worlds. I always enjoy a trip to Snowdonia. Had a fantastic walk up Yr Eifl on the Lleyn Peninsula alot of reward (views) for not much effot.

      Delete
  2. forgot to tell you Phil, your photos and trip have inspired my wife to go to North Wales next year for a short cycling holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, are you joining her? I'm sure she will have a great time, some superb cycling to be had. if she can I would recommend the B4418 road from Nantlle to Rhyd Ddu, stunning. Llanberis Pass is a must. and there are some wonderful quiet mountain roads down around Bala. Also the A470 from Blaenau Festiniog to Betws y Coed along the Lledr Valley apart from the Crimea Pass climb the rest is all downhill on a good road, can really get up some speed along there ;-)

      Delete