Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Somerset Hills Medio Fondo

What a cracking BH weekend, the family all went camping down in Somerset as I took part in the Somerset Hills Medio Fondo, 85 miles of superb cycling, including some wicked climbs and some fantastic flat sections in glorious sunshine. My clock time was 5 hours 54 mins.

My Strava ride details are below, like a complete plonker I messed up twice and added an extra 4 miles and 13 minutes to my ride. If I hadn’t done this my clock time would have been 5 hours 41 mins. The ride up Cheddar Gorge first thing in the morning with no one around was superb I really enjoyed it, the Enmore climb up on to the Quantocks was tough but again a challenge I relished and enjoyed, however the climb up Crowcombe was simply horrible and brutal!! A 1:4 climb which lasts a mile, I got halfway up and my legs just died, I had to get off and push….. I wasn't the only one, at the time I hit the climb most people did. I will hopefully be back to conquer this climb at some stage.
It was nice to return back to the ride HQ to be cheered and supported over the line by my wife and kids. Then a lovely afternoon eating ice cream on Weston super Mare beach followed





No comments:

Post a Comment