Monday, 8 April 2013

Manflu prevents Rennie Way ride

I was just destined not to ride in the Rennie Way Chilterns Cycle Challenge.

The 75 mile cycle event originally got cancelled due to the snow and yesterday I could not take part in the re-scheduled event due to Manflu, a deadly Yorkshire strain as well! :-)

Hope I can shake it off for this weekend as I will be riding the 90 mile Ride the Rose of the Shires.

Having just returned from a week in the Yorkshire Dales. I didn't get in as much cycling as I had hoped mainly due to time and road conditions, I wanted to go up the Buttertubs Pass and do a small section of what will be on next years Tour de France route. We drove over it and nearly had to trun back due to snow drifts etc, dodgy in a car would have been very dangerous on a bike!!

Anyway I did manage a couple of decent climbs close to the cottage and a good ride along Wensleydale to Leyburn and back. Photo below is at the top of Crag Side road looking back into Raydale which is where we were staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment