Wednesday, 24 April 2013

10 Mile TT

With a couple of long sportives (Somerset Hills Fondo & Lincoln Grand Prix) coming up in the first two weekends of May, my Two Feet activities have had to take a back seat. I'am missing the walking and starting to get withdrawal symtoms. I'm keen to get back out there as soon as possible so after these cycling events I will be heading out for a good weekend of walking and camping during the latter part of May.

Back to the 2 Wheels and last Tuesday 16th April I took part in my first ever 10 mile TT, BMCC run a 10 mile TT on a traffic free  perimeter road around Weston on the Green airfield every Tuesday evening during the spring and summers months. The perimeter road is 2.5 miles so 4 lung bursting laps and you’re done, the good thing about this BMCC club TT is no one judges you, there is no pressure people help you and just want you to give it a go and to use it as a personal challenge.

Last week was tough it was a brutal introduction into the TT scene with very strong winds, great with the wind behind you but truly horrible heading into it. I was pleased with my time of 29:43 giving an average of 20.19 mph, especially as 2 days earlier I had done 106 miles and that wind was just painful.
Last night the conditions were much better yes still a bit windy but nothing like last week, the sun was out and it was a lovely evening which must have inspired people to give it a go as 49 riders took part, I rode over from home and ended up being number 39 as each rider sets off at one minute intervals therefore I had to wait nearly 40 minutes to start, I was beginning to get dizzy riding round and round and round…… you get the picture, the warm up zone which is a helicopter landing area. Eventually my number was called and I was off.

I managed a time of 27:49 averaging 21.57mph for the 10 miles a new PB and a time I’m very happy with. So the personal challenge begins....... Bring it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment