Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Turning Back the clocks - Our first walk

Recently I've had nothing to post with regard to walking, however this weekend I will heading back to the hills so expect something new on the walking front early next week, until then........

I was trawling through the old photos the other day and looking at my first weekend of walking in particular, this was back in 2006 May Day Bank Holiday weekend. The previous summer we spent a family holiday in North Wales and went up Snowdon on the train it was a wonderful clear day and I remember saying to Alison "I want to come back walk up" sure enough we did just that. 

When we walked up (Pyg Track and Miners Track) we didn't have the clear views we had the previous summer but we had the summit pretty much to ourselves and sitting at the top in the clouds in the total silence really struck a cord and a light bulb went off in my head....."I want to do this for the rest of my life". Nearly seven years later I still feel the same, I will never tire of the scenery and the sense of freedom, adventure and solitude that walking in these places brings. 

The next day we then went up the Glyders and an equally great day, this time with the views. The following photos are from that first weekend of walking.

First view of Snowdon


Heading up the Pyg Track

Chalking off my first peak.

Resting on the way down

Posing on the Cantilever Stone

Not a bad view for Lunch

Looking back to Glyder Fach

Devils Kitchen


2 comments:

  1. Hi Phil

    No, as you say, you never tire of walking these places. Looking forward to reading about your weekend exploits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for the comment, just got back from a walk up Rhobell Fawr, another great day out.... how can you tire of such days, impossible.

      Delete