Monday, 25 March 2013

Rennie Way Chilterns Challenge - Cancelled

Yesterday, Sunday 24th March I was due to ride 75 miles around the Chilterns in the Rennie Way Chilterns Cycle Challenege, starting and finishing In Aylesbury Town Centre.
I was not surprise when I recieved an email to say that it was canceled due to the poor weather conditions, with snow and freezing temperatures affecting almost everywhere. Good news is that this has now been re-scheduled for Sunday 7th April, the day after we return from a week in the Yorkshire Dales, so I will not miss out on the event.

Talking of the Dales that is where we are heading this Saturday, I'm keeping a close eye on the weather and road conditions for the area. I'm hoping to get a few of good walks in, I'm also taking the bike but not sure yet how much cycling I will be able to do due to the road conditions, will just have to wait and see on that. Whatever happens I'm looking forward to the break and hopefully I will have plenty of decent photos to post when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment