Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Fingers Crossed

My fingers are firmly crossed as I have just sent off my application for the Ride London 100. I’m now in the lap of the gods hoping my name gets drawn out the ballot in February for a place on this closed road 100 mile cycle sportive around London, this will be a slightly modified route as the one used in the Olympic road race. It is not very often you get a chance to ride the streets of our capital with no traffic to worry about. The sportive will be held on the morning of Sunday 4th August 2013 as the warm up event to the London Classic Elite race which will start in the afternoon and will be broadcast live on the BBC.

I’m really hoping my name gets drawn out and I will be receiving good news come February……Fingers Crossed.
I have already entered a number of events next year, Somerset Hills Medio Fondo a 124km route starting and finishing at Cheddar Gorge and will take in the Mendips, Purbecks and Exmoor.
The 75 mile Lincoln Grand Prix Sportive again similar to the London 100 this is a warm up event for the Elite Lincoln Grand Prix and has the same finish up the steep cobbled street of Michaelgate to the Castle square in front of the Cathedral. This will be a tough climb especially after 75 miles riding around the Lincolnshire Wolds.
Also last but not least I’m combining my love of both Mountains and Cycling as I have entered the Etape Eryri. I will be doing the Canol route, 76 miles in and around Snowdonia, starting and finishing at Caernarfon Castle. The route will include the hill climb along the B4418 Drws-y-Coed road which goes from Nantlle to Rhyd Ddu at the foot of the Nantlle Ridge, returning to Caernarfon along the Llanberis pass. This really will be a hard 76 miles but a challenge I’m relishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment