Sunday, 17 June 2012

Ashridge 5 - Entered

Just entered the Ashridge 5, this is a 5 mile trail run around the Ashridge Estate in the Chilterns, this years event is on Sunday 23rd September. I ran in last years race and really enjoyed it, the event is very well organised by Dirt Running. The route has varied terrain and spectacular views, the race starts at the Bridgewater Monument on top of the Chilterns plateau and heads through 2,000 acres of atmospheric mature woodland as well as tackling Pitstone Hill.


I ran the route in February in winter conditions but also adding a detour up onto Ivinghoe Beacon, some pics etc of that run can be seen here.

2 comments:

  1. Look forward to the details later in September. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gibson, I did enjoy last years run. I'm also hoping to improve on my time of 46 mins this year.

      Delete