Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Brill Windmill photos

Took my new toy out the other evening, if you missed what my new toy is, it is a Panasonic Lumix G3 as stated in a previous post which can be viewed here. I'm still coming to terms with all the functions and settings compared to my previous compact camera, a bit mind blowing actually but I'm slowly getting there. I just haven't had a chance to take it out in the hills yet, hopefully either this weekend or next I will manage a trip out. I have also got a couple of books on Landscape photography which are proving very useful, they are The Landscape Photography Workshop & Digital Exposure Handbook both by Ross Hoddinott.

Anyway below are some snaps I took of the windmill on Brill Hill in Buckinghamshire, the village of Bree in J.R.R Tolkein's The Lord of the Rings is believed to be based on Brill, and when you stand in the hill and look out, it does kind of feel like you are looking out over the Shire. Brill can be a very busy place on a nice day as it is a picnic hot spot. Also The Pheasant pub looks out over the windmill, very nice on a hot summers evening, Cheers.





No comments:

Post a Comment