Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Ashridge & Ivinghoe Beacon Run

On Sunday my wife Alison gave me the green light to go out for the day, I did briefly think about heading over to the Brecon Beacons but when I looked out the window and at the forecast I just couldn't be bothered to drive all the way over there. so I decided to go for a run in the snow. I drove over to the Ashridge Estate near Tring. 
Last Spetember I ran in the Ashridge 5 race and really enjoyed the route so I thought it would be a nice one to do in the white stuff. I was not disappointed I also extended the route to take in Ivinghoe Beacon, now normally from the Beacon you get great views over the Aylesbury Vale and the Dunstable Downs but today nothing in fact I was lucky to see the B489 road which runs directly beneath it. I tried to do a live post from here but it failed, curses!!

In the end I did 12k starting and finshing by the Bridgewater Monument, although not very quick as I kept stopping to take the odd picture here and there.



Incombe Hole by Steps Hill

Gateway to Pitsone Hill

Ivinghoe Beacon

Ashridge Estate woods


Fallen tree near the end

Bridgewater Monument




My route


No comments:

Post a Comment