Thursday, 29 September 2011

Unable to make the most of the Indian summer.

Due to the fact that my inaugural marathon is next weekend, I have been putting most of my spare time into training for this and therefore my visits and stays in mountainous terrain have been on hold until after this event. With the current glorious weather I’m starting to get a few withdrawal symptoms. Hopefully I can get in another wildcamp soon, then before long we will into the winter season and with any luck the crampons etc will be making an appearance.

As part of my marathon training last weekend I ran in the Dirt Running Ashridge 5 event which was a 5 mile trail race around the Ashridge estate and the beginning of the Ridgeway along Pitstone hill, this was a really enjoyable and well organised event and I will definitely be back next year to compete again. I finished in 46mins 26 secs which I was fairly pleased with.


No comments:

Post a Comment