Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Spot on customer service from Osprey

Following my rucksack disaster on Fairfield recently I just thought I would do a quick post to say how happy I was with Osprey's customer service. I rang them up the day after I got back home from the Lakes and spoke to a very helpful gentleman after going through what bag it was (Kestrel 38) and what the fault was (broken shoulder strap) he then stated that the bag had a life time guarantee and asked for my address so he could send out a replacement strap/back system which can be fitted to my current bag. Sure enough I received the replacement the very next day. I then completed the simple task of removing the broken strap / back system and replaced it with the new one..... Simples!!


Having said that I have attached 2 pictures one showing the broken strap and the other the new strap, you may notice that where the old strap had 1 set of stitching right at the botten of the strap the new version now has 2 sets of stitching one at the bottom and an extra one about an inch higher. I take it from this design improvement that I may not be only one who has had this issue.


Anyway, I was very impressed with the customer service and would like to thank Osprey for their prompt response.
Broken Strap


New Strap


No comments:

Post a Comment